MC20 Site Web Content
An Integrated Assessment of Oil and Gas Release into the Marine Environment at the Former Taylor Energy MC20 Site
NOAA’s NCCOS, partners at Florida State University (FSU), Florida International University (FIU), and TDI Brooks International, and with funding from BSEE conducted a series of integrated surveys from 1 to 7 September, 2018 at the former Taylor Energy MC20 site in the northern Gulf of Mexico. These surveys included surface and subsurface acoustic measurements, mid-water column oil, gas, and water collections, surface water sample collections, mid-water column video bubble collections, surface methane collections, and marine sediment collections. Ancillary physical water column data was also collected including ocean current profiles and conductivity, temperature, and depth.
The following links provide access to data collected to support this effort. Many of these datasets are very large and may take significant time to download.
- CTD data (manifest - CTD Data PDF)
- Survey Logs (manifest - Survey Logs PDF)
- Sonar data (manifest - Sonar data PDF)
- Video data (manifest - Video data PDF)
- Survey navigation (manifest - PDF)
- Chemistry data (DIVER Explorer Data package - ZIP)
- Raw chemistry data (NCCOS 2018 Raw Chemistry Data package - ZIP)
This page will be updated when datasets are available from NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI).